The Connecticut State Music Teachers Association (CSMTA) was founded in 1959 by independent teachers dedicated to the advancement of music and the growth of young musicians. Today's membership consists of more than 200 music teachers in independent studios, conservatories and music schools. CSMTA has local chapters in Fairfield, Hartford, Middlesex-New London, New Haven, and Western Connecticut, and is affiliated with the Music Teachers National Association.
CSMTA strives to bring together the common concerns of teacher, parent, student, and the community in the many aspects and phases of applied music--from beginning lessons, through high school, to college preparation and training. CSMTA is incorporated as a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
Our goals include:
- To encourage and uphold high standards of music teaching and artistic performance
- To establish and maintain channels of communication between private music teachers and the community
- To promote good will and friendship among professional musicians and teachers
- To stimulate interest in musical activities within the local community and the state
- To support the aims and objectives of the Music Teachers National Association
We invite you to look through our website for more information on membership and upcoming events.